Monday, May 15, 2017

Catching Waves!





Hey y'all! 

First things first, don't panic when I don't email next Monday. The whole mission is taking turns going to the Temple by zone in the next couple of weeks, so my next preparation day will be next Thursday!

Transfers! Yep! Those are happening! I am no longer a greenie and my trainer, Sister Thorn, will be leaving me tomorrow! She is going clear across the mission to the University of Georgia Young Single Adult Ward! My new companion will be Sister Evans, who I will get to meet tomorrow morning. It should be a pretty fun time here in Allatoona!

There are two big things I want to tell you that I learned about this week.
#1  You meet all sorts of interesting people in Georgia! On Tuesday we found 2 new investigators. One from Kenya and one from Persia! On Thursday, we found another new investigator, who is opting to go homeless for a bit (although he owns and rents out a house). As missionaries, we knock on doors, and most doors look very similar. However, the people behind the doors and each unique! We never know exactly who we are going to meet, and that is the fun part!
#2  The moment you have all been waiting for, where I tell you about what my title means! So, missionaries aren't allowed to go surfing, but on Saturday, I was catching all the waves! We were putting on an open house with 5 sets of missionaries, and nobody was there, so we decided to take turns standing outside holding bright yellow signs and waving at every car that drove past. Plus, it was raining! So the waves were even wet! Even though nobody came, we waved to a lot of people who drove past, so our efforts weren't completely wasted, right? That's right! "No effort is wasted." (PMG) :)

On Sunday for Mother's Day I got to see/talk to my family for 45 minutes, which was awesome! I love my family, and I love that we get to be together for eternity through the sealing power of the Priesthood. That is part of why I am on a mission- to let people know that their families can be eternal and to let them feel that joy.

I love you all and want to wish a late Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers who work so hard each day!

Love,
Sister Houghton
701 Downsby Lane
Apt. 333
Woodstock, GA
30189

Pics: The open house crew was my district plus the Spanish missionaries in the zone!


No comments:

Post a Comment