Monday, May 15, 2017

Exchange, Ill, Exchange, Car!

From 9 May 2017
Us with the Hermanas in the new car!
What a week it has been!

The week started off really well on Tuesday with District Meeting and then an exchange! Once again, I was in the Hickory Flat area with Sister Nickels. Sister Nickels is an Amazing missionary! She has taught me a lot about how to "Talk with Everyone," which is a valuable skill as a missionary. Working with her gave me a lot of ideas about how to contact more people without spending quite so much time knocking on doors (which is great to do, but not super effective). Going on exchange is great, especially when you know the area really well from going there 4 or 5 times before!

The low point of the week was that I got sick so nothing terribly exciting happened on Wednesday or Thursday except that I slept A LOT. Sister Thorn was a trooper getting things done and helping me feel okay about staying inside during proselyting time (the mission nurse told me to stay in and get some rest). By Thursday night we were able to get some medicine and now I am back to being fully functional!

On Friday I got to go on another exchange to Collins Hill with Sister Pierre while Sister Thorn went to Mission Leadership Conference. We met and taught some really interesting people during our time tracting in the rain (Fun GA Fact: The weather goes from hot, humid sunshine one day to cold wind and rain the next, even in May). The highlight of the exchange was that they found out their investigator (whom I have met on previous exchanges there) was actually able to be married and baptized the next day! Hooray for him! When Sister Thorn came back to pick me up (and drop off Sister Pierre's companion) she came in a new car! Our little VW Jetta hit 50,000 miles on Wednesday, so we got a brand new Chevy Malibu! It was exciting, but we are now really scared of anything happening to our car (which may not be such a bad thing as we are now taking especially good care of it!)...

Sister Thorn and I at a Recent Convert's house. 

Sister Thorn really loves the new car!
Since then we've been back to normal missionary work! Nothing terribly exciting has happened, but we are looking forward to an open house this week with lots of hope and excitement!





This is my last week of being a "greenie" (new missionary), so I am trying to learn as much as I can while I've still got my trainer around! (I've learned a lot, but there is still so much more!)

Have a wonderful week! 

With lots of love,
Sister Houghton
701 Downsby Lane
Apt. 333
Woodstock, GA
30189
Pics: (1)  (2) (3)




No comments:

Post a Comment