Monday, February 26, 2018

The Birds are Back!

From 19 February 2018

 On Tuesday, a sweet family in the ward fed us only heart-shaped foods in honor of Valentine's Day
Okay, so fun fact about Georgia. Just about a year ago, when I got here, I was surprised by not only the number and variety of birds, but also how vocal they all are. Well, I didn't notice it, but the birds flew south for the winter and it was blissfully quiet for a few months. Somehow, I think they all arrived back at the same time, because this week they have been singing with plenty of volume each morning!

In other news, it's been a good week in Winder. We met some neat people and had some really great lessons with several of our investigators. The ward here is awesomely supportive of missionary work, so it often feels like there is a whole team of missionaries in the area rather than just the two sets of us. To me, everything we did seemed pretty normal, so sorry for not having any cool stories to share.

The highlight spiritual experience of my week has been from my personal study of Elder/now-President Nelson's conference addresses since he became an apostle. My favorite talk thus far was from April 1988, titled "With God Nothing Shall Be Impossible." It has been a great reminder to me of how, really, anything and everything is possible if my faith is centered in my Heavenly Father and His purpose to help all mankind find "immortality and eternal life" (Moses 1:39). It's a very encouraging thought for me as a missionary, since I strive to do what some people consider "impossible" every day!

I hope you all will find enough faith to do the impossible this week and see miracles happen in various aspects of your lives. I love you all!

Love,
Sister Houghton 
 

Last Monday, after I emailed y'all, we had a Sister's Preparation Day doing tie-dye,

No comments:

Post a Comment