Monday, February 26, 2018

A Wild Ride In Winder!

From 12 February 2018
Taco Bell in the Georgia Atlanta Mission



Zone Nerf war
Although I never rode in a taxi this week, we did drive A LOT. Let me explain:
  • Monday: After I emailed y'all, we drove to Athens for a nerf
  • war with the zone (no guns, just PVC pipes + our lungs) and back. Then we biked for the evening.
  • Tuesday: I got to ride to Athens again to begin my exchange with Sister Germann back in my old area of Athens 1st. We only saw 1 person I knew, but it was an interesting experience to be back in such a familiar place, and we drove plenty!
  • Wednesday: This drive was from Athens to Lilburn for a lovely zone conference. In fact, it was probably the best one I've had on my mission! We learned about getting contact information, righteous judgment, pride/humility, being bold, obedience, and the importance of fellowshippers. All in a few short hours. Then we drove back to Winder! 
  • Thursday: Sister Wagner and I left the mission (with permission) for some doctors appointments just below my last area. In our journeyings, we met not one, not two, but three sets of missionaries from the Georgia Atlanta Mission. It was interesting to get a glimpse of the GAM culture. 
  • Friday: ...is really where all the driving ends. We stayed pretty close to home for most of the day since we had to do our weekly planning.
After biking in the mist
  • Saturday: Back to the bikes! In 100% humidity/mist and rain! ðŸš² Actually, it was pretty awesome. People tend to be nicer when they see us out in the rain. Although, I think I have developed a new facial expression from trying to see while having water fly at my face off the road.
  • Sunday: Still on bikes, but we did manage to get to and from church in cars. I'm telling you, this ward is awesome!

So now that you know my whole transportation situation, you may be wondering what I actually did this week. Well, as I mentioned, a significant portion of my week was spent driving, on exchange, at zone conference, biking, and at doctor's offices. However, when we weren't doing those things, there was lots of other work getting done. For example, we went out and knocked doors, taught lots of lessons, and as a result of daily contact, one of our investigators who has been nervous about coming to church actually came! Yay! And she loved it! Basically it's been a wild ride in Winder!

Spiritual highlight of the week: At our zone conference on Wednesday, President Marsh informed us that Elder Andersen (of the Quorum of the Twelve) wants all the missionaries in the Southeastern US to focus on knowing the New Testament as well as we know the Book of Mormon. Accordingly, I have started a new study of the New Testament and found so much good stuff in there! Mostly, I have been impressed by how much our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, want us to find peace in this life and the life to come. That is why we have the gospel of Jesus Christ, is to help us find peace. Study up and let your soul be filled with the peace the Savior can help you find!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment