Monday, January 15, 2018

Good, Better, Best

From 8 January 2018
Me, Hermana Rhoton, Hermana Willener, and Sister Parsons
(we found this across the street from our complex this morning and had to stop for a quick picture). :)

Hi everyone! Just as an fyi: UGA plays Alabama for the national title today and all of Georgia is super excited! In fact, all of the schools in Fulton County (where I live and work (as a missionary) right now) were closed today due to "weather" (rain and warmer than it has been for the past 2 weeks!) -- basically everybody will be watching the game, so... :) Go Dawgs!

Well, this week has gone by like many others. We knocked and talked and taught and did our best to serve and lift those around us -- nothing too crazy. We are still on the lookout for people to teach (we found one person yesterday, so that's exciting!) and have been trying out a whole bunch of ideas given to us by our mission leadership. Speaking of which...

On Thursday there was a Mission Leadership Council and I want to tell you a little bit about what came of it. Lately, President Marsh has been, rather than answering questions about vague mission rules, telling all of us missionaries to consider the good, the better, and the best of each scenario people have been asking about. This week, he applied it to obedience. There are so many different commandments Heavenly Father has given us that can be taken to various levels or in various ways. Thanks to President Marsh, I have started considering more of those this week and really examining the way I go about being a missionary. Have I been doing the bare minimum, or have I been continually stretching myself and my capacity to serve? It's definitely an interesting line of thought to follow in my brain, and my whole perception of what I do each day has been altered drastically because of it. I invite you all to think about some things you can do to be your "best" for the Lord rather than just your minimum "good."

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Houghton
18001 Summerwood Lane
Alpharetta, GA 30005

No comments:

Post a Comment