Monday, January 15, 2018

Brrrrrrrrr!


Game Day matching (aka companionship unity)



Well hello there!

All of Georgia is sad at the results of th UGA v. Alabama game on Monday. My companion and I included.

 the ice we tried to scrape off
our windshield yesterday!
We thought we were past the ridiculously cold weather, but apparently not. It is still freezing here in Georgia. The humid cold, by the way, is a whole different world than the cold I have ever experienced in California, Utah, or Wisconsin. I'm still trying to decide if it is better to wear lots of layers or just a rain jacket, because multiple layers seem to capture the cold. I'll let you know if I draw any conclusions this week!

Not a whole lot has happened in Webb Bridge this week, but I did get some exciting news from Athens on Thursday morning. One of my investigators there is getting baptized this week! That day just so happened to be interviews with President Marsh, so I was able to ask him if I can attend the baptism and he said yes! Road trip to Athens on Saturday! When I have pictures next week, I will tell you her story. :)

The only other really exciting thing is that we had a Regional Broadcast for church yesterday. Elder Bednar (Quorum of the Twelve) wasted no time in teaching us about having faith unto repentance and Sister Marriott (YW General Presidency) thoroughly enjoyed being with her "fellow Southern Saints" and told us about the grits she ate for breakfast yesterday.

That's all for this week! I hope you all maintain the goals you set two weeks ago this week (remember those?) and that everything is peachy!

Love,
Sister Houghton 

lunch after a combined District Meeting on Wednesday
Pics: , , and

No comments:

Post a Comment