Monday, July 17, 2017

Free Lemonade!


From 10 July 2017

Sister Evans and I at the ward breakfast on the 4th








Hello world!

the lemonade stand crew

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July this past week! Missionaries do their very best to take advantage of holidays so that we can talk to as many people as possible! Accordingly, on Tuesday, we passed  out about 40 gallons of lemonade, for FREE! Yep! We set up a lemonade stand with 10 missionaries outside of the big festival happening in downtown Woodstock, and it was awesome! By 3:00 when a storm rolled in, each companionship could legitimately claim about 150 contacts! (That is A LOT!). By 7:00, the storm had pretty well cleared up and we were back at it. Except this time, our lemonade stands moved. In order to accommodate the crowds of people gathered in a Target parking lot waiting for a fireworks show to begin, we wedged coolers full of lemonade between our bike racks and the backs of our cars so that we could slowly drive down the aisles of the parking lot talking to even more people and passing out even more lemonade! By the time we got home that night, Sister Evans and I had 214 contacts! Happy 4th!

The next morning, we drove to Roswell with the Woodstock Sisters to meet our new mission president, President Scott Marsh, and his wife. They are awesome, and I am so excited to see what happens in the GANM! The thing I am most excited about is that our mission is going to be running a pilot program for using family history and familysearch.org in missionary work! The Spirit of Elijah is real, and over the past few weeks, I have felt more and more like I need to be paying closer attention to my ancestors and what I can do for them, so I am beyond excited to see how things go! I don't know a whole lot else about what is going on, but tomorrow I will get to talk to President Marsh one on one in my interview with him, so I will have more details next week!

one of this week's rainbows!
The weather here has been all over the place, but this week we were able to see some beautiful rainbows, so that was pretty great. In fact, one rainbow led into a 75 minute gospel discussion with 6 teenage girls during another lemonade stand in Woodstock on Friday night. "I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain...". :)

I hope y'all have a wonderful week wherever you happen to be and that you have a chance to appreciate your ancestors this week!

Love,
Sister Houghton
701 Downsby Lane
Apt. 333
Woodstock, GA
30189


No comments:

Post a Comment