Monday, October 2, 2017

"'The Devil Went Down To Georgia'. . .and he hasn't left!"

Fun preparation day adventures at a small zoo here in Athens!

Alright, so this week has been unusual in many ways. My title is only one of them, but it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share. A lady we visit every week told us this on Friday after a long, somehwat sad conversation about her dog who had passed away on Wednesday. Anyway...

Really, not a whole lot happened this week. We spent a lot of time driving, and did manage to see some cool signs along the way. One thing I love about the South is how open everybody is with their love for Jesus! On one particularly long, trafficky drive, we saw two great signs and just had to capture the essence of Georgia!

The best part of this week was definitely getting to watch General Conference on Saturday and Sunday! The two biggest themes I pulled out of it were the importance of the Book of Mormon and doing what God's prophet on the earth instructs us to do! Which, this year, is to really know ad have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. As a missionary, my understanding of the Book of Mormon has grown and intensified and I know the power it can have to help anybody in any situation! While all the talks (basically sermons) were powerful and good, my favorites were given by John C. Pingree Jr. (Heavenly Father has a unique plan for each and every one of us!), Stanley G. Ellis ("Hard" is good!), and W. Craig Zwick ("Look beyond what you see..."). I highly recommend reviewing conference over and over again. That's my plan for at least the next 6 months.

That's all for this week! I hope everybody is doing well and that you are all finding joy in the journey!

Love,
Sister Houghton
Athens, GA 30605

 
crazy spider webs

No comments:

Post a Comment