Monday, October 23, 2017

Hi Y'All!



Sister Wilde, me, Sister Parsons, and Sister Hahn between exchanges!
Hi y'all!

My week has been nothing too crazy. We got to teach some awesome people who are going through tough times, drive to far-away places, and even bike on some perfectly-temperatured days! Like I said, nothing crazy. In fact, probably the most stressful part of the week has been trying to figure out transportation. There has been lots of switching between the car and bikes this week in order to help the Elders in our area get their crazy bike situation figured out and to get to where we needed to be without using all of our allotted miles for the month. The good news is, that the weather for the past week has been 100% ideal for biking! Not too hot, and not too cold. Just right! I have been loving it!

I did have an opportunity to learn some fun, "southern" skills this week! One of the ladies we go visit each week, who is a member of the ward here, taught us how to make Wet Biscuits (which are dangerously delicious and not all that healthy) and Fried Pears (or Apples, but either way, it is a very similar situation) the way she grew up doing it in Kentucky. I took careful notes of the whole process so that I won't forget all the important details, don't worry.

Probably the most exciting part of my week has been studying Jacob 5 out of the Book of Mormon. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the Book of Mormon, Jacob 5 is a really long analogy about olive trees. I don't know how many times I have read it before, but it has always been one of those chapters I dread reading because I have never really fully understood it and it is just so long. This week, though, I decided to give it my full attention for as long as it took me to really get as much as I could out of it. Many sticky notes were used in the process of me trying to diagram it out, but in the end, I actually managed to learn a lot! The #1 thing I got out of it all was how much Heavenly Father does for each of us. Over and over again, the Master of the vineyard asked what more he could have done, and there was literally nothing more he could have done! That is just one of many lessons I saw during my 5-day study of the chapter, but I invite each of you to face a chapter of scripture you have always struggled with and try to decipher it for yourself. It will change your life in positive ways, I promise!

Alright, well I hope you all enjoy this last full week of October (the best one, in my personal opinion ;) ) and that you are able to recognize God's love for you as an individual this week! Love y'all!

Love,
Sister Houghton
Athens, GA 30605


By the way. . .Happy Mole Day! :D!

No comments:

Post a Comment