Monday, July 9, 2018

Goodbye Georgia

Some members tried to teach me about sparklers and ended up helping me decide which clothes I won't be bringing home. 
Hey y'all!

In a few short days, I will be on a plane headed home to take off my nametag - at least for a little while. That being said, this past week was my last full-proselyting week and Sister Harper and I worked hard to make it count! It was a little tricky because it seemed like everybody was out of town thanks to the 4th of July, but we made it a good week. I wish I had a really cool story to tell, but nothing that crazy-cool happened. That's okay, because my theme for the week was that "Heavenly Father works through small and simple things." Every door we knocked matters, every individual we helped move, they won't forget it. I have been so blessed to be a part of this work!

Tonight will be my last few hours of proselyting, and after that I'll be participating in a whirlwind of "departing missionary" events until I get on a plane on Wednesday to fly home. I look forward to seeing a whole bunch of you this week! I love y'all!

Love,
Sister Houghton
1150 Cole Dr SW
Lilburn, GA 30047

Pics:

Each missionary in my district sat on the number of chairs that they have transfers left (back row: Sister Harper, Elder Wood, Hermana Williams, and Elder Roberts, front row: Hermana Oldham, Hermana Rhoton, and me).


Last Monday, Sister Harper and I spent part of our preparation day at a swim meet in our area which a huge portion of our ward was competing in! We were tempted to "fall in" but left without touching the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment