Monday, October 30, 2017

Halloween Spooks!



The CTR pumpkin I carved.

Hello World!

It's been quite the week here in Athens! The first excitement of the week was going on exchange with the Sisters in the Braselton Branch. I got to work with Sister Lott (who has been out for 1 transfer now) for the day and we had a blast! We knocked on doors, taught some people, and, for our grand finale, taught seminary at 6:30 in the morning! Actually, somehow, my Book of Mormon study has been right on track with all of the seminary classes I've worked with, so we got to teach about Enos, who I had read about just the day before! Neat, right?

In the minivan headed to the follow-up meeting
(I drove on the way back from the meeting)





After teaching seminary, we met up with all the Sisters in the Zone to head to a follow-up meeting for trainers and the now 1-transfer-old missionaries. There was a lot of driving involved, but I did get to drive the Zone minivan (yes, we have one of those, just one, in the mission), which made it all worth it!


Our monster car and "costumes."
















On Friday evening, Sister Nielson and I attended our ward Trunk'r Treat (at which there were tons of nonmembers for us to meet and talk with). One of our investigators was going to come help us decorate our car, but she wasn't able to make it, so Sister Nielson pulled together our pumpkin-spider-web-eating-monster car (see pic). I think she did a pretty great job! We also "dressed up" a little bit (not much), but I'll let you all decide for yourselves who we were. Our ward's costumes and car decorating skills were from out of this world- it was an A+ job if you ask me.

Image result for turning 20




Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I am no longer a teenager! Actually, I really did feel more like an adult yesterday, which was weird. We had a fun day at church, saw some members, and helped the Elders (#bikeprobs)! Sister Neilson surprised me by decorating our kitchen and the YSA Sisters managed to sneak a cake into our day, so it was basically a party all day! It turns out, the difference between being 19 and 20 is really only one day, but it is fun to look back on my teenage years now. ;D! 


The biggest spiritual highlight of the week was seeing my companion become a completely different person over the course of a few days. We set companionship goals (for finding, teaching, and just being around each other) last Sunday and the quality of missionary life has made an impressive jump in the past 7-8 days. We were working hard and I have been able to see the results of it, which has brought me a lot of peace and joy! I used to think hard work and peace didn't correlate at all, but now I know that they really do go hand in hand. As we allow the Lord to help our weaknesses become strengths (Ether 12:27) we really can bring about amazing changes in our lives!

Alright, well, I hope you all are having a great last few days of October! Happy Halloween tomorrow!

Love,
Sister Houghton
Athens, GA
30605



Spiders in GA are huge and very colorful, but hard to get pictures of, so here is a seriously-edited picture of one I saw in Braselton the other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment