Thursday, September 7, 2017

A Good First Week

From 14 August 2017






Sister Johnson and I are having a blast!

Hello all!

First of all, congratulations to my sister, Marta, and her new husband Jeff! They got to be sealed for eternity this morning and I am sad I missed it but so excited for the both of them. 

What a week in Athens! So, first of all, you need to know that Athens is a college town (University of Georgia), so the ward here is largely made of young married couples with small children. Almost all the rest of the people are well-established older couples who know how to rock the country life. We are teaching a lot of people and I am having a blast getting to know all of them! There are also a lot more bugs here than there were in Woodstock. And the ants bite. And it might be slightly more humid here. But it is all good!



My new companion is Sister Johnson, and she is amazing! She is taking over the area after just 6 weeks in the mission field. Technically I am training her, but she is all set as a missionary, so that is great! Sister Johnson is from Idaho Falls and the first child in her family to serve a mission. Her whole story for coming on a mission is awesome, but too long for me to type it out, so you'll just have to ask her about it if you ever get the chance to meet her! Sister Thorn (my trainer) is in my district, along with one of the Elders from my MTC district, so getting to know my new district has been pretty easy and a lot of fun!


We share a car with the Elders in our ward, but they very kindly let us have it 5 days a week, and the other 2 days we are on bike. The area is relatively flat and Sister Johnson knows where all the sidewalks are so we have been able to avoid riding on the sides of the highways. :)

It has been a good week getting to know Athens 1st Ward! I hope you all have a fantastic week and that all is well with y'all!

Love,
Sister Houghton
4315 Lexington Rd.
Apt. 333
Athens, GA
30605

Also, some ward members have a whole room devoted to missionaries, so I had my picture taken (in said room) to be printed out and put up with all the other missionaries who have gone before me!


Pics: Sister Johnson and I having a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment