Monday, June 12, 2017

Hiking the Appalachian!

The one picture I took today at Amicalola Falls State Park 


Hello world!

This week has been pretty great! The flowers here in Georgia are in full bloom, the birds are singing, and we are working hard! In terms of missionary work, nothing really spectacular has happened this week. We see lots of little blessings/miracles each day, and it is truly amazing to be a servant of the Lord.

One highlight of this past week was that we had Zone Conference! Yep! On Thursday, we got to drive to the Roswell Stake Center to have a combined Zone Conference with the Roswell Zone. I got to see several of the people I came to Georgia with, including my MTC companion, Sister Willey! The conference itself was wonderful, although it was our last one with President and Sister Bennion. I have learned a lot from them, and we are all sad to be seeing them go, but we are also excited that we get to break in our new Mission President, President Marsh, in the beginning of July!

some flowers we saw while tracting this week!
My spiritual highlight of the week was a fireside put on my our ward missionaries on Saturday evening. A previous member of the ward who works for the Church Education System led an awesome discussion on the Book of Mormon and all the things we gain from it. My favorite part of the event was hearing the testimonies of various ward members as they contributed their thoughts and ideas. I have come to really love the ward here!

The other highlight of this week was today! We went on an adventure! One of the laurels in our ward offered to drive us to go on a hike, so we got permission to leave our zone to go to Amicalola Falls, where the Appalachian Trail starts! Sadly, all the pictures I took are on my camera, so I won't be able to email them today, but I will try to get some to y'all in the next few weeks! The hike was only a mile each way, but included several hundred stairs. At the top was a beautiful view of the landscape, so it was well worth it! I also got my first taste of what it may feel like in a month or so when summer is in full force as we hiked through the humidity that accompanies all the greenery we were hiking through!

I hope you are all enjoying your summers and that you all have an opportunity to share your testimony this week! Love y'all! :)




Love,
Sister Houghton
701 Downsby Lane
Apt. 333
Woodstock, GA
30189


Happy with a package. . .finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment