Sunday, April 23, 2017

Easter Week in Allatoona and HickoryFlat

From 17 April 2017

The Exchanging Crew (Sister Nickels, Sister Riley, me, Sister Thorn)
Hello world!

This one lizard was trying to impress all the other lizards.


This week has been full of packing and unpacking bags. Why, you might ask? Well, since Sister Thorn (my companion) is the only Sister Training Leader in our zone, she has to go on exchange all the time! That meant that this week, I got to go on not one, but two exchanges to the Hickory Flat Area! I spent Thursday with Sister Nickels, Friday with Sister Thorn, and Saturday with Sister Riley! I've started getting a little bit confused about which investigators live where, but it's all good! Going on exchange is an excellent opportunity to learn from other missionaries and see what you can improve upon. I still have a lot to learn! (Also, both times I was in Hickory Flat, I went back to a certain apartment complex where there are little lizards all over the place!) :)














My "Kingdoms of Glory" Egg!
As you all know, Easter was yesterday! Easter has a lot of meaning for us missionaries, since our whole purpose is to "invite others to come unto Christ." Basically everybody in Georgia celebrates Easter, which is awesome! As we were driving between appointments yesterday, Sister Thorn and I noted that almost every man we saw driving was wearing a nice shirt with a collar on it. We applauded Georgia from within our car as we saw just how many people know how important Easter is. It isn't about candy and eggs and bunnies. Easter is a celebration of the fact that our Jesus Christ not only lived and died for us, but that He lives again! That means that we can all have second chances, that we can live with our families for eternity, and that we can live with our Heavenly Father again! I know that my Redeemer lives and that I can become a better person each day because of Him. Easter truly is a special holiday. On a less spiritual note, Sister Thorn and I boiled and decorated some eggs the other day during lunch. We just used Sharpies, but we had a lot of fun trying to make them gospel-related!









Another exciting thing about this week is that I went on my first ever church swap! Last Sunday, we tracted into a lady who told us that if we came to her church on Wednesday night, she would come to ours on Sunday (after Easter). On Wednesday night, we went to a Christian, non-denominational church. Let me tell you. That was an experience. It started with a band doing some good ol' Christian music and then we had quite the sermon. The preacher was red in the face by the time it was over, and while the basis of the sermon wasn't inaccurate, it made me realize how glad I am to have grown up knowing about the restored gospel. Heavenly Father does not yell at His children. He may call them to repentance, but He does it with love. Always.

The last highlight of my week that I'll share with you is that I finished reading the Book of Mormon! On March 8th, I started at the Title Page, and 40 days later (yesterday), I had finished it! As surely as the Book is blue, the gospel it teaches is true. Although I have read the Book of Mormon many times in my life, this time I was reading it with a specific focus on the Doctrine of Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end). Christ's gospel is a simple one, and it works for everybody! I know the Book of Mormon is a true, correct book, just as much as the Bible is! It is inspired of God and I get to share it with all the people here in Georgia! Being a missionary is awesome!

That's all for this week, folks. I love you all and hope life is going good!

With lots of love,
Sister Houghton
701 Downsby Lane
Apt. 333
Woodstock, GA
30189

All the Sisters in the Marietta Zone after interviews
(Sister Thorn, me, Hermana Rhoton, Sister Riley,
Sister Nickels, Hermana Solis)
Sister Thorn and I got Easter baskets with JesusFish chocolate inside them from one of our Amazing Members! 

No comments:

Post a Comment