Monday, November 6, 2017

Meetings, Meetings, Meetings!

The Mission Leadership Council from Friday!
Well, this week has not been your average missionary week, mostly due to lots and lots of meetings. (On Tuesday, we had transfers, which wasn't anything special for Sister Nielson and I, as we both stayed where we are.)

Wednesday was the first day we had full of meetings, with District Meeting in the morning and then a Stake Presidency Meeting in the evening. At least we still had the afternoon to go out and get things done, right? Right.

Then there was Friday, which was even more full of meetings. I spent most of the day in Lilburn, meeting with various leaders to discuss some mission things and some stuff for the Athens Zone. In fact, I left my area at 7:30 that morning and arrived back at 8:00 pm. My brain was only a little bit fuzzy after all that driving and all the trainings we received from the mission leaders. That night, I spent a long time thinking of all the things I needed to do to live up to what I had learned! One of the most exciting things about missionary work is that there are always plenty of things for me to improve on, so I am never bored!

Besides going to lots of meetings, we did do some missionary work this week, in case you were getting worried. In fact, we saw some really neat miracles! I wish I had time to tell you what they were, but really the only thing you need to know is that the coolest ones were based on sign language and deaf culture. (Note: Sister Nielson took one year of ASL in high school, and I knew none until Thursday, when I learned the alphabet). Quite a cliffhanger, right? Let it suffice to say that Sister Nielson made a valiant effort to translate the first half of Sacrament Meeting yesterday and we got 2 potential investigators out of it! Heavenly Father certainly works in mysterious ways!

Ok. That's all for this week, but I hope you all have a fun time this week and that November is treating you all well!

Love,
Sister Houghton
Athens, GA 30605
 

No comments:

Post a Comment