Thursday, September 7, 2017

Moonshine and M&M's

From 28 August 2017

Sister Johnson and I cleaned our car so well that we won gift cards for ice cream! Plus, you know how I love pizza (I didn't order it though, somebody got it for us!). :)

This is what Sister Johnson sent home this week in her group email, and I feel like it is a pretty accurate representation of how this week went, so enjoy!

"Sister Houghton and I had some pretty cool experiences this week, but before I tell you about them I have to explain the name of my group email.  So on Thursday evening Sister Houghton and I are just walking through a little neighborhood and knocking on some doors, you know the usual missionary work.  Well we come across this lady who is trimming some flowers down in front of her house, so we go up and start talking to her.  She knew who we were and everything and wasn't interested but she kept talking to us about the flowers that she was trimming.  She was telling us that she had good luck with the moonshine flowers:  Well at this point I am trying not to cry of laughter because in my head I was like, 'I'm pretty sure that moonshine is a type of alcohol??????'  Here we are as missionaries trying to share the gospel but instead we end up talking about alcohol, so classic.  [This was not intentional on my part, by the way.]  So then Saturday rolls around and Sister Houghton and I are store contacting.  So my companion goes up to this girl in the candy section and looks right at her and loudly [boldly] says, 'What's your favorite candy?'  No joke the girl turns around and walks away sooooo fast and blatantly ignores my companion.  Well Sister Houghton was in shock, you buys should have seen her face, her jaw dropped to the floor and she was super red.  I felt bad cause there are other people in the candy aisle so I just pretend that she was talking and me and I was like [after a brief pause in time], 'I would have to say my favorite candy is M&M's.'  At this point I can't keep it together anymore because I thought it was hilarious.  I was literally DYING!!  Like I had tears in my eyes crying because I was laughing so hard, and I couldn't stop.  It is a good thing that it was time to head home because I honestly could not stop laughing. . .especially because I kept replaying the whole situation in my head over and over again, which made it like twenty times funnier.  So Classic!!"

Hence the subject line.  Also, you should all meet Sister Johnson someday.  She is hilarious and we have all sorts of fun together every day!




Really, the only other exciting thing that happened to me this week is that I got to ride a member's cargo bike!  It was super neat and she uses it to transport herself and her 4 children under the age of 7 around town every day!  At 11 feet long, that thing is just plain awesome!

That's all for this week.  Sorry if the formatting turned out super weird on this one.  I hope you all have a wonderful week!



Love,

Sister Houghtons
4315 Lexington Road, Apartment 12-F
Athens, GA  30605

Contacting on campus.



No comments:

Post a Comment