Wednesday, March 22, 2017

You Win Some, You Learn Some

From 6 March 2017

I am in the Allatoona Ward, and we found it!


Hey y'all!

This week I learned a lot, but I think the most important thing I learned is that Satan tries really hard to stop us missionaries. However, we have the power to tell him to knock it off, because we get to choose what our attitude will be each and every day. There were several instances this week where I started to feel insufficient or incapable of doing the work, especially while trying to find/contact people. But here's the thing: if we decide to be positive and look for the good in every situation, we can get a lot more done than if we are dragging our feet. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. That is what we tell everybody we meet. How often, though, do we realize that He wants us as missionaries  to be happy as well? When we are discouraged or lack motivation, that is Satan talking to us telling us that what we are doing is not important, when, really, it is! To bring it back, the thing I really learned this week is to tell Satan that, no, he cannot win, and I am going to be happy even when things get hard. :)

To explain my title, sometimes we think we are losing in a situation because things aren't turning out how we hoped they would. In reality, we are being presented with an opportunity to learn something, which is just another way of winning! :)

I got to go on exchange twice this week. The first time was for 24 hours with Sisters Nickel and Housel, who are awesome. We knocked on doors, talked with a cop, gave a Book of Mormon to a cop (who was in her car and stopped to talk to us after deciding not to scare us by turning her lights on at us), and got to do lots of service. My second exchange was with Sister Pierre, who is also a greenie. Both of our companions had to go to Mission Leadership Conference (which entailed 4+ hours in the car for my companion and I - Atlanta traffic is the worst!), so we were left to go tracting for a day. Exchanges are awesome, though, because you get to see how other missionaries work.

Sister Thorn and I got to see lots of miracles this week, but I am out of time to tell you all about them! Basically, Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways, and often in the evenings when we are about to go home.

I love you all and hope you each find a way to share the gospel with somebody each and every day!

With Lots of Love,
Sister Houghton
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment