Thursday, February 23, 2017

I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane

From 16 February 2017





Sister Houghton and companion, Sister Willey


Hello all!
Sister Houghton showing us where she's headed!
I got my travel plans the other day, and I will be leaving the MTC at 3:30 on Monday morning along with 11 other missionaries. If all goes well, I should arrive in Atlanta in the early afternoon. Possibly the weirdest thing about all of this is that I don't think I've actually been here at the MTC for 3 weeks yet. It feels like it has been a few short days, but it also feels like it has been years since I got here.

Possibly my favorite topic while I've been here at the MTC is Repentance. My whole perception of the concept has changed. Before I arrived here, I was never sure what to repent of. However, I now know that repentance is more about changing for the better than making up for the bad. Nobody is perfect, so we all have things we can change to be more Christlike. It's good to know that there is always something to work on.



The district with teacher, Sister Clark
My district has developed and matured a lot in the past week. Every day I learn new things about the people I get to learn with and from, and every day I walk away from our classroom with something I want to be better at.

Sister Willey and I have been working hard this week to memorize things for our mission president in Georgia and our branch president here at the MTC. We've memorized the First Vision, 3 Nephi 5:13, the Standard of Truth, and baptismal invitations. Possibly the hardest thing about companions is learning how to teach with two people instead of just one. I am glad to say that since we taught our first lesson two weeks ago, we have greatly improved. 

On Tuesday night, Elder Ballard spoke to us (and all the other MTC's via broadcast) about the importance of having a good attitude and doing our very best for the Lord. I wish I could convey with words how powerful it was, but I simply don't know how. As our choir number, we sang "Lead, Kindly Light" and I would strongly encourage each of you to really look at and ponder the meaning of the lyrics. They are powerful and oh so encouraging.

I love you all!

Sister Houghton

The district at the Provo temple

P.S. The pictures are of me, me and Sister Willey, and my district. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment